A new generation of female artists is emerging who have grown up in a culture saturated with social media and selfies.
This book looks at how young women are using photography and the internet to explore issues of self-image and female identity, and the impact this is having on contemporary art.
Forty artists are featured, all of whose principal subject matter is either themselves or other women. Each is accompanied by a short profile based on personal interviews with the author, giving a fascinating insight into this exciting shift in female creativity.
- ☛ Girl on Girl Art and Photography in the Age of the Female Gaze
- Binding: Hardcover
- Brand: Jansen Charlotte
- Product Group: Book
- Product Type Name: ABIS_BOOK
- Manufacturer: Laurence King Publishing
- Release Date: 2017-04-18
- Publication Date: 2017-04-18
- ISBN: 1780679556
- Publisher: Laurence King Publishing
- Studio: Laurence King Publishing
- Number Of Pages: 192
- Price: $16.49